Monday, July 12, 2010

A New Year's Prayer of Gratitude

As the new Hellenic year is beginning, I've decided to post my prayers of thanks to the Olympians.

To Zeus Ktesios, the protector of provisions, I am grateful for the bounty of food that has been provided to me.

To Hera Ourania, queen of the sky, I am grateful for the cool breezes on otherwise unbearably hot days.

To Ares Laossous, he who rallies the fighting men, I am grateful for the motivation to accomplish the things I've had to do this year.

To Aphrodite Kallisti, fairest of them all, I am grateful for the beauty and skincare tips I've found.

To Hephaestus Klytotechnes, he who is famed for crafts, I am grateful for my talents in soapmaking.

To Athena Alalkomene, the repeller of danger, I am grateful for being safe while walking through the city.

To Poseidon Pelagaeus, the king of the sea, I am grateful for a renewed appeciation for the aquatic ecosystem in my area.

To Demeter Karpophoros, she who brings forth fruit, I am grateful for the excellent quality of the strawberries this summer.

To Apollon Paean, the healer, I am grateful for the good health I've enjoyed this month.

To Artemis Lokhia, the protector of childbirth, I am grateful for the health of my nephew.

To Hermes Logios, the guardian of speech, I am grateful for my ability to articulate my feelings and my advice to others along my path.

To Dionysus Agrios, the wild one, I am grateful for being able to have fun with friends and enjoy a good celebration.

Finally, to Hestia, lady of the hearth, I am forever grateful for a loving family both in blood and friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment