Thursday, May 27, 2010

Convention, Christmas, and Family

I got the hotel form filled out for Otakon, which begins at the end of July. I'm not going to stress over it, because every year it seems something ends up throwing a wrench in the hotel situation. I live close enough to the Convention Center to take a taxi there and back during the convention.

Next weekend there's a staff meeting, and then the last meeting before Con is around the end of June.

I'm feeling a lot better now that most of the clutter is gone. There really was an energy strangulation going on that put me in a stressed mood for a good part of the year. Things are a bit more serene. I'd like to do a general purification ritual soon.

I've got to start thinking about this year's Christmas party. The theme is Dickens, so my costuming and decorative pieces are going to be early Victorian in style. I'm taking the menu from "A Christmas Carol" as well, and adapting it. I'm not doing goose because of the grease factor, so I'm opting for turkey with sage and onion. The gingerbread Christmas pudding I made last year was a big triumph, so I'm going to look for more recipes to see what I can tinker with.

This weekend there's a small family gathering at my aunt's house. Her swimming pool will be open, so I'm praying for Zeus to keep the skies clear. I also miss her iced tea. Nobody knows how she makes it, not even her daughters, but it's the perfect combination of tea and lemon. She uses a large iron pot and stirs in the sugar and fresh lemon juice like a magical potion.

I should get something to eat before heading to my friends' house today. Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment