Saturday, May 15, 2010

Thinking About Stuff

My thoughts have been gravitating toward Otakon and the Art Show. It's getting close to that time of year. I think this year's convention will be the make or break point for me. Are the benefits of volunteering there worth the stress that we all end up facing. I mean the event itself lasts maybe four days for us, five if you count setup at the center, yet it takes weeks to emotionally recover from dealing with people who are not only ignorant (please for the love of Zeus use your real names on the official paperwork, we don't care who you're dressed up as) but also have entitlement issues.

My spiritual practice has lapsed a bit since I've been babysitting. I have about a month's break now and would like to get back into daily devotions, libations, and meditations. I also haven't seriously prayed in awhile. I miss my conversations with Hestia, and the feelings of warmth and comfort that come from her. My June project includes cleaning up clutter and reconsecrating a sacred space to the Olympians within the home. I would like to find an appropriate vessel I can use to contain the khernips on my altar (the steel mixing bowl just seems out of place). I've been looking at the websites of some very skilled artists who do replica Mediterranean pottery in the traditional fashion. I do have a fondness for handcrafted ritual objects.

I just finished reading the third book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. I think I like it more than the Harry Potter series, but I'm also very biased because of my love for the Olympians. I need the fourth book like grandma needs whiskey.

Anyway, anyway. I've got stuff to do and I'll post again soon. Bye!

1 comment:

  1. Blasphemy! Better than Harry Potter? ...Guess I'd better start reading. ;)

    ReplyDelete