Friday, January 15, 2010

Organization Blues

I slept for twelve hours last night/this morning and woke up feeling very guilty because there were things I wanted to get done. Usually, I can get by on maybe four to five hours of sleep. Being a light sleeper isn't all its cracked up to be. Last night I was just physically exhausted, and as soon as I hit my bed I crashed.

I had wanted to get some organizing and cleaning done. That's one of my 2010 themes, organization. I still have empty boxes from the holidays in my room that I want to break down and toss into the recycle bin for next Thursday. There are a few I have to keep to store books though, because I have exceeded my shelf-space once again. I also have three new hardcover books that were given to me as gifts, which I adore but just don't have the space for.

I also need to get other people's shit out of my bedroom. Three years ago, my bedroom became a storage area for furniture that needed to be moved out of the way when we took my sister in. I have a large rocking chair and ottoman that really belong in the living room once my sister reclaims the stuff she left here. She has a rocking chair that is plastered with notes and printed text messages between her and her ex. It was one of those cute wedding presents that became the bane of our existence after the divorce. I would love to take an axe to the damned thing and put our family rocking chair back in its place, and out of my bedroom.

I also have an elliptical machine in my bedroom that needs to be put together so I can actually use it. That's a piece of equipment that had been dragged out of the basement during the move. I offered to take it because I had wanted to use it, not realizing how much other crap I was going to be getting. Now it's in a corner of the room gathering dust. I can't even get to my altar space due to holiday boxes, and I've been doing devotionals at the bookcase. Sad.

Hopefully this weekend will allow me more time to spend organizing things a bit. I also need to get rid of these blasted curtains. They're hideous, and actually came with the house that I've lived all but a year of my life in.

Things have got to change, and nobody else is going to do it for me. Here's to comfort and organization in 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment