Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Will You, Won't You Join The Dance?

A festival to Dionysus is coming up, and I've been pondering how to go about reconstructing it, or at least adapting it to my situation. This is one of those tricky festivals because it had such a public involvement. I'm thinking of buying a couple bottles of wine and watching comedies with friends, since the theatre really isn't an option right now. I'm working on a hymn to honor the rebirth of the God of wine. Which reminds me, I need to start working on my friends' wedding ceremony. I also want to start making wine again. Shit! Where's my "to do" list?

Today was one of those ho-hum days. My friends and I called it a night earlier than usual because we were all so exhausted. The Korean spicy chicken noodles were very tasty though. I'll have to remember that the next time we go to the store.

I've been feeling an urge to walk to the park, which is a bit crazy because the wind is like ice daggers outside and I've been fighting a cold that just won't quit.

Note to self: buy a decent eyelid primer. I hate when my shadow creases and fades at the end of the day. I'm breaking social taboos by wearing it as it is, and I don't want it to look messy.

I posted information about the festival on the forum I moderate. I'm hoping someone somewhere takes something from it.

There are days when I feel like I'm the only Hellenist in the world, then I go to a Hellenismos forum and wish I was. There's no need to blast other spiritual paths, or quote Plato as if he's the author of some sacred scripture. The "you either practice/have this worldview or you aren't one of us" also really bugs me. The stance on gay marriage bugs me as well. Yes, I know the ancients didn't see homosexual relationships in the light of "sacred marriage", even if they were ok with those relationships in practice. The ancients also saw marriage as a property-exchange between father and husband. There are some parts of the ancient worldview that just need to be adapted to what we know now. People no longer marry for breeding purposes. I don't see what the big deal is about gay people not being able to have a Hellenic religious marriage, even though the community is in favor of a secular union.

I want to start writing again, but lately haven't felt the motivation to do so. I miss the darling creatures of my creative process. Particularly Evan, even though he doesn't want to listen. I envy that sarcastic charming bastard sometimes, especially his ability to say what he feels and still be laid back about it. Of course those qualities are also buried in me somewhere, or he wouldn't have them at all.

Well, I should try to get some sleep. Being a walking zombie throughout the day may be humorous to others, but it sure ain't pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment